A bug report. As per the title. A sample idf file is here (V22-2-0). It's based on the ExampleFile: OutdoorAirUnitwithAirloopHVAC.idf, but I revised it a little bit. There are 5 conditioned zones in the ExampleFile, and only SPACE4-1 has both ZoneHVAC:OutdoorAirUnit and AirLoopHVAC. Originally, ZoneHVAC:OutdoorAirUnit for SPACE4-1 has HeatExchanger:AirToAir:Plate and Coil:Cooling:Water, but I removed them, which is irrerevant to the bug I want to report. Below is the air-side schematic. Please imagine that a kitchen has VAV system + Fresh air makeup fan with preheat coil. I want to model that kind of system. So, the ZoneHVAC:OutdoorAirUnit here is meant to be Fresh air makeup fan with preheat coil.

AirLoopHVAC VAV Sys 4-1 and AirTerminal:Singleduct:VAV:Reheat are autosized, but it seems that they do not recognise the fresh air load from ZoneHVAC:OutdoorAirUnit, which results in so many unmet hours in the annual run.
Some notes:
- The sequence described in
ZoneHVAC:EquipmentListisZoneHVAC:OutdoorAirUnitfirst andZoneHVAC:AirDistributionUnitsecond. - I tried chaning
Account for Dedicated Outdoor Air SysteminSizing:Zonefrom "No" to "Yes", but in vein. - I tried modelling "Fresh air makeup fan with preheat coil" with
AirLoopHVACinstead ofZoneHVAC:OutdoorAirUniti.e. there are two AirLoops in one zone. EnergyPlus allows two AirLoops in one zone, but autosizing does not work well. Tthe VAV system (one AirLoopHVAC) also did not recognise the fresh air load from Fresh air makeup fan with preheat (another AirLoopHVAC) during sizing run. I will report this as a separate post later.
Is there any way to make AirLoopHVAC recognise the load fromZoneHVAC:OutdoorAirUnit?




