Question-and-Answer Resource for the Building Energy Modeling Community
Get started with the Help page
Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

Add NECB standard to OpenStudio 3.11

Hi,

I am currently working on an energy model in OpenStudio. I am a complete beginner with OpenStudio, as I normally use IES VE. I created my building geometry in IES VE and imported it into OpenStudio using a GBXML file.

My current challenge is assigning the default NECB space types to my spaces. I have found the OpenStudio Standards GitHub repository, which appears to contain the NECB standards data:

https://github.com/NatLabRockies/openstudio-standards/tree/develop/lib/openstudio-standards

However, I cannot figure out how to install or use these standards within OpenStudio.

I tried using the "Create Typical Building from Model" measure, but the available standards seem limited to ASHRAE and DOE templates. I do not see any NECB options.

How can I use the NECB data from the GitHub repository to assign NECB default space types, schedules, lighting, occupancy, and plug loads to the spaces in my model?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Add NECB standard to OpenStudio 3.11

Hi,

I am currently working on an energy model in OpenStudio. I am a complete beginner with OpenStudio, as I normally use IES VE. I created my building geometry in IES VE and imported it into OpenStudio using a GBXML file.

My current challenge is assigning the default NECB space types to my spaces. I have found the OpenStudio Standards GitHub repository, which appears to contain the NECB standards data:

https://github.com/NatLabRockies/openstudio-standards/tree/develop/lib/openstudio-standards

However, I cannot figure out how to install or use these standards within OpenStudio.

I tried using the "Create Typical Building from Model" measure, but the available standards seem limited to ASHRAE and DOE templates. I do not see any NECB options.

How can I use the NECB data from the GitHub repository to assign NECB default space types, schedules, lighting, occupancy, and plug loads to the spaces in my model?

Thanks in advance for your help.