Question-and-Answer Resource for the Building Energy Modeling Community
Get started with the Help page
Ask Your Question
4

Simulation Failed After Adding Unmet Load Hours Troubleshooting Measure

asked 2016-04-20 12:50:09 -0500

lyw0211 gravatar image

updated 2016-04-20 13:24:53 -0500

I made a building energy model by OpenStudio v1.10.0 and would like to use the unmet hours troubleshooting measure to reduce the unmet hours according to the following instruction: https://unmethours.com/question/359/w...

The model can run successfully. However, the running failed after adding that measure. The details is showed as the following screen shot.

Does anyone get this problem before?

image description

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

Comments

@aparker, Hello Mr. Parker. Do you know if this problem is caused by the update of OpenStudio version?

lyw0211 gravatar imagelyw0211 ( 2016-04-20 12:52:23 -0500 )edit

I had the same issue. The model runs smoothly without this measure and failed with the measure.

Bo_Lin gravatar imageBo_Lin ( 2016-04-20 13:38:46 -0500 )edit

@Bo_Lin, Thanks for your information!

lyw0211 gravatar imagelyw0211 ( 2016-04-20 15:20:36 -0500 )edit

Probably caused by the update. I haven't used this Measure in a while. Could you send me the .osm it failed on so I can test and fix?

aparker gravatar imageaparker ( 2016-04-21 16:28:08 -0500 )edit

@aparker, Thanks for your reply! Here is the link of the osm file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/chgmmql2fuo...

lyw0211 gravatar imagelyw0211 ( 2016-04-22 10:56:26 -0500 )edit

2 Answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted
3

answered 2016-05-11 03:51:27 -0500

This measure is outdated, but only two lines need to be changed.

#L192: heatingSchedule = setpoint.getHeatingSchedule.get
Change to: heatingSchedule = setpoint.heatingSetpointTemperatureSchedule.get

#L203: coolingSchedule = setpoint.getCoolingSchedule.get
Change to: `coolingSchedule = setpoint.coolingSetpointTemperatureSchedule.get

@aparker

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

The measure is great by the way, I hadn't tried it before!

Julien Marrec gravatar imageJulien Marrec ( 2016-05-11 03:53:54 -0500 )edit

@Julien Marrec, Thank you!

lyw0211 gravatar imagelyw0211 ( 2016-05-12 14:52:27 -0500 )edit

@Julien Marrec & @aparker, I tried changing the code like you suggested but it did not work in OS 1.12. The model runs without the measure but fails while applying the measure.

kramerica gravatar imagekramerica ( 2016-10-26 12:19:35 -0500 )edit

OK, I have got it to work and can verify that it was an issue with my model and not the measure. The changes that @Julien Marrec suggest above do work in OpenStudio 1.12. The reason the measure did not work in my model appeared to be with underscores in zone names. When I changed this it worked.

kramerica gravatar imagekramerica ( 2016-10-26 16:37:44 -0500 )edit

You didn't happen to save the stack trace of this error? I'd be curious to see why underscores in the zone zones would make it crash. Anyways, glad you got it working.

Julien Marrec gravatar imageJulien Marrec ( 2016-10-27 04:00:17 -0500 )edit
1

answered 2018-03-30 13:29:49 -0500

Tim Johnson gravatar image

updated 2018-03-30 13:30:07 -0500

I made this change and still cannot get the measure to run. I am no good at debugging this sort of thing, but it looks to me like it is failing when trying to get the "zone people occupant count". Any tips on fixing this? image description

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

In your error output, the measure if failing at the coolingSchedule = setpoint.getCoolingSchedule.get line. Are you sure you copied it correctly?

Also, the spaces look like space types that don't have an occupant definition. The measure should check for that, but might not - I'll need to look at the measure in more detail. In the meantime, try adding occupancy definitions to these space types and just set the occupant number to zero.

mdahlhausen gravatar imagemdahlhausen ( 2018-03-30 14:56:05 -0500 )edit

Thanks @mdahlhausen. I am not entirely sure I edited the .rb file correctly, but I went back and double checked that the text is the same as what is shown in this post. The line numbers you show in the post don't quite match. They are off by a couple lines. I also added a people definition to all space types and that cleared up the warning about occupant counts. I think I only have ruleset schedules for Tstats and didn't use underscores in zone names. Still no luck and same error in the same line.

Tim Johnson gravatar imageTim Johnson ( 2018-03-30 15:31:11 -0500 )edit

Do have heating and cooling thermostats in each conditioned zone? As for thermal zone name, I tend to avoid special characters ":" in the name, as this can cause issues with some measures, though I don't think that is the issue here. Can you post line 205 here?

mdahlhausen gravatar imagemdahlhausen ( 2018-03-30 16:02:02 -0500 )edit

I have thermostats for each zone that has some sort of mechanical equipment serving it and cleared out special characters like "() /" but I do still have "-" in the names. Line 205 is: coolingSchedule = setpoint.coolingSetpointTemperatureSchedule.get

Tim Johnson gravatar imageTim Johnson ( 2018-03-30 16:04:49 -0500 )edit

post a link to your model.

mdahlhausen gravatar imagemdahlhausen ( 2018-03-30 18:24:46 -0500 )edit

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer

 

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2016-04-20 12:50:09 -0500

Seen: 175 times

Last updated: Mar 30