Question-and-Answer Resource for the Building Energy Modeling Community
Get s tarted with the Help page
Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

After working directly with the .OSM file, I think I have a workaround for this issue. I did the following steps to remove the design days and my model appears to be running *correctly again.

1) open the OpenStudio file (*.osm) in your favorite text editor (Notepad, Sublime Text, etc.)

2) press Ctrl + f to do a text search

3) enter in "OS:SizingPeriod:DesignDay" in the search field

4) delete all the design days

5) save as a NEW file (always)

6) open the new *.osm file in OS and see if it runs

After working directly with the .OSM file, I think I have a workaround for this issue. I did the following steps to remove some of the design days and my model appears to be running *correctlycorrectly again.

1) open the OpenStudio file (*.osm) in your favorite text editor (Notepad, Sublime Text, etc.)

2) press Ctrl + f to do a text search

3) enter in "OS:SizingPeriod:DesignDay" in the search field

4) delete all the design days

5) save as a NEW file (always)

6) open the new *.osm .osm file in OS and see if it runs

After working directly with the .OSM file, Thanks to some help from @macumber, I think I have a workaround for this issue. understand what was happening. I did had an autosized piece of equipment, which needed design day information to determine how "big" the following steps to remove some of equipment should be in the design days and my model appears to be running correctly again.model.

1) open the OpenStudio file (*.osm) in your favorite text editor (Notepad, Sublime Text, etc.)

2) press Ctrl + f to do a text search

3) enter in "OS:SizingPeriod:DesignDay" in the search field

4) delete Removing all the design daysdays caused the error...which was of the user variety. Main takeaway, you need those DDY files if you're gonna autosize. At this point, I'm not sure which ones are actually needed and which ones are overly extreme...

5) save as a NEW file (always)

6) open the new .osm file in OS and see if it runs

Thanks to some help from @macumber, I think I understand what was happening. I had an autosized piece of equipment, which needed design day information to determine how "big" the equipment should be in the model.

Removing all the design days caused the error...which was of the user variety. Main takeaway, you need those DDY files if you're gonna autosize. At this point, I'm not sure which ones DDYs are actually needed and which ones are overly extreme...extreme or redundant...