Question-and-Answer Resource for the Building Energy Modeling Community
Get s tarted with the Help page
Ask Your Question
2

EnergyPlus FMU SQlite Error

asked 2021-06-16 08:42:30 -0500

jdominguez94 gravatar image

updated 2021-07-09 16:37:12 -0500

Hi guys,

I am facing this problem (the outcome of the .err file)

Program Version,EnergyPlus, Version 9.3.0-baff08990c, YMD=2021.06.16 13:34,

* Fatal * The SQLite database failed to open.

...Summary of Errors that led to program termination:

..... Reference severe error count=0

..... Last severe error=

*** Warning: Node connection errors not checked - most system input has not been read (see previous warning).

*** Fatal error -- final processing. Program exited before simulations began. See previous error messages.

*** EnergyPlus Warmup Error Summary. During Warmup: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.

*** EnergyPlus Sizing Error Summary. During Sizing: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.

*** EnergyPlus Terminated--Fatal Error Detected. 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors; Elapsed Time=00hr 00min 0.30sec

The code works with the .idf example files in EnergyPlustoFMU. However, when I use an .IDF generated by my self, It does not work and this error arise. The FMU is correctly initialized, but can not simulate

lab = load_fmu("312v3.fmu",log_level=4)

days=2

final_time = days2460*60

start_time = 0.

idfstep=6

lab.initialize(start_time, final_time, True)

lab.set('Q',1000)

opts=lab.simulate_options()

ncp=int(final_time/(3600./idfstep))

opts["ncp"] = ncp

res=lab.simulate(start_time=start_time,final_time=final_time, options=opts)

The FMU have one input (Q) and one output (TRooMea). Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

Comments

Could you remove all the external interface objects from your IDF and try to run the IDF with the EnergyPlus engine first. This will help making sure that your IDF is valid.

Thierry Nouidui gravatar image Thierry Nouidui  ( 2021-06-16 08:47:39 -0500 )edit

Thank you for your rapid response Dr. Thierry. I checked running the IDF without the External interface objects and everything looks good. No Severe/Fatal errors.

However, the Sqlite.err file when executing the FMU file shows:

SQLite3 message, f_312v3Sqlite.err open for processing!
SQLite3 message, can't get exclusive lock on existing database: bad parameter or other API misuse
jdominguez94 gravatar image jdominguez94  ( 2021-06-16 09:08:14 -0500 )edit

The FMU file I am using is:

link text

jdominguez94 gravatar image jdominguez94  ( 2021-06-16 09:24:52 -0500 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted
4

answered 2021-06-16 09:40:06 -0500

jdominguez94 gravatar image

The problem was that the IDF file was generated using OpenStudio, and therefore, it uses SQLite to report output variables. So, the key is to Erase the below lines in the generated IDF:

Output:SQLite,
  SimpleAndTabular;                       !- Option Type
edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

Yup, I have noticed my OS models also use SQLite to report output variables, and they are generated through PAT/OS.

sashadf1 gravatar image sashadf1  ( 2021-06-17 13:10:44 -0500 )edit

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer

 

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2021-06-16 08:42:30 -0500

Seen: 39 times

Last updated: Jun 16