EnergyPlus Measure Set Output Table to IP Units

asked 2019-11-10 16:31:17 -0500

Carlos Vazquez gravatar image

I have installed in my computer OpenStudio 2.4. I have always used the EnergyPlus measure "Set Output Table to IP Units" successfully. But, in all other upgrades up to the last 2.9 version, this measure causes the simulation to fail. I haven't find the reason for this. Anybody knows why this happens?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete



Can you post the error message you are getting? In general, it's best to not use the 'Set Output Table to IP units', as a lot of post-processing / reporting measures assume the outputs are in SI units.

mdahlhausen gravatar imagemdahlhausen ( 2019-11-11 09:47:08 -0500 )edit

If you change the units in the SQL file to IP the OpenStudio Results measure won't cause the datapoint to fail but won't create the report, and will instead generate a message saying IP units were provided, SI units were expected. Leave EnergyPlus tabular results in SI units to run this report.

Just as a note, many may not be aware but the OpenStudio Results measure now has an IS/IP argument allowing you to choose your units for the report without altering the SQL file units.

David Goldwasser gravatar imageDavid Goldwasser ( 2019-11-12 10:43:02 -0500 )edit

Thank you for your answers. The error message I'm getting is:

Starting Simulation. EnergyPlus Starting EnergyPlus, Version 9.2.0-921312fa1d, YMD=2019.12.05 22:39 **FATAL:Errors occurred on processing input file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination. EnergyPlus Run Time=00hr 00min 0.27sec Program terminated: EnergyPlus Terminated--Error(s) Detected. Failed.

I used the OpenStudio Results measure and it works. Sizing results are not in it though. So, it would be good if I find a way to fix the EnergyPlus measure.

Carlos Vazquez gravatar imageCarlos Vazquez ( 2019-12-05 21:49:56 -0500 )edit

The measure is a very old EnergyPlus measure, it is possible that the one of the E+ upgrades between OpenStudio 2.4 and 2.9 changed that object. You can confirm that is the issue by looking at the eplusout.err file. You could make an IDF file and look at how the object should be formed and update the measure.

David Goldwasser gravatar imageDavid Goldwasser ( 2019-12-05 21:56:54 -0500 )edit