Question-and-Answer Resource for the Building Energy Modeling Community
Get started with the Help page
Ask Your Question

Zone Heat balance

asked 2018-07-01 18:55:04 -0500

updated 2018-07-04 12:20:29 -0500

Hello i am trying to do a heat balance of the thermal zone, i want calculate the gain or loss (of the air in the thermal zone) from walls, windows, roof, floors and internal gains to comparate them. I was Thinking use just ''Surface Inside Face Convection Heat Gain Rate''. But i read in a coment that "Surface Average Face Conduction Heat Transfer Rate" should be used. I thougth that heat tranference to the air in the zone was only for convection. I am comfused, can you explain me please. I am new in this topic. I will be gratefull

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 Answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2018-07-04 09:46:55 -0500

Avi gravatar image

updated 2018-07-05 00:32:17 -0500

The Wall of your Zone will actually transfer energy by Radiation (which will be governed by the inside wall mean temperature to room mean air temperature difference and some properties of the wall), Convection ( infiltration) and by Conduction (which will be governed by temperature difference between outside to inside and the wall insulation).

If your wall has windows then direct or indirect sun radiation will enter the zone depends on the glass properties.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer


Question Tools

1 follower


Asked: 2018-07-01 18:55:04 -0500

Seen: 80 times

Last updated: Jul 05 '18