Question-and-Answer Resource for the Building Energy Modeling Community
Get s tarted with the Help page
Ask Your Question
5

EPlus ComponentCost:LineItem error - failed to match against any enum values

asked 2018-04-06 10:46:56 -0500

jt1234 gravatar image

updated 2018-04-06 14:47:39 -0500

I took an existing OpenStudio v2.4 project and began working with it in V2.5. The model ran fine in V2.4, but now I'm receiving the following Eplus error when I run it in V2.5: * Severe * <root>[ComponentCost:LineItem][typ_wall_TakeOff][line_item_type] - "Constuction" - Failed to match against any enum values.

('typ_wall' is the name of one of my construction assemblies. "Constuction" is the same spelling that the error produces)

Thinking it was something with the naming convention I tried renaming and even recreating construction assemblies - all without success. The construction names thats referenced in the error changes and basically cycles through all my construction assemblies used in the model. If I change a name, the error shifts to another construction but ultimately circles back.

I'm thinking its related somehow to the Eplus changes that occured from v2.4 to V2.5 in how non-unique names are handled but I'm unsure how to verify or mitigate.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

Comments

1

@jtorok that has been identified as an issue. Here is a link to the issue, I'll try to post back here when there is 2.5.x installer with a fix.

David Goldwasser gravatar image David Goldwasser  ( 2018-04-06 12:01:54 -0500 )edit

Has anyone found an OSM fix for this one yet? A handful of my 2.5 projects are experiencing this issue but not all..

Thanks

Dustinl gravatar image Dustinl  ( 2018-07-10 15:38:32 -0500 )edit

@Dustinl Are you running the 'Set Output Table to IP Units' sidecar measure by any chance when the error occurs?

jt1234 gravatar image jt1234  ( 2018-07-11 05:12:46 -0500 )edit

Yes, I believe I am.

Dustinl gravatar image Dustinl  ( 2018-07-11 10:47:20 -0500 )edit
2

I had success running the model without that measure included so there is clearly something that is no longer compatible. This is more of a workaround rather than a solution, but editing the measure to remove all cost component line items seems to avoid the error. I'm not versed enough in programming to fully understand the problem, so there are obvious limitations with this strategy.

jt1234 gravatar image jt1234  ( 2018-07-11 10:59:20 -0500 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted
2

answered 2018-05-19 02:55:44 -0500

You have to open .idf file with idf editor, and replace "CONSTUCTION" by "CONSTRUCTION" with a R, in the class "ComponentCost:LineItem" >> "Line item Type" >> for each construction type (each object in the edf editor).

It's working properly on my model.

Unfortunately I don't see where to fix the bug in the .osm file.

For my point of view, its not related to a "non unique name" but in the idf lines generation process introduced in the OS v2.5.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

Hi thanks for the reply. I wasnt able to find the .idf file under the measure. I tried editing the .rb files but didn work. Can you please help me ? thanks

Ranjani gravatar image Ranjani  ( 2018-08-26 15:48:19 -0500 )edit

The error is located at line 85 of the measure.rb file of the set_output_table_to_ip_units measure. Just copy the measure as your own, and replace CONSTUCTION by CONSTRUCTION, with a R. Hope it will be usefull

(error "ComponentCost:LineItem error - failed to match against any enum values" when running openstudio 2.5.0 with the measure named set_output_table_to_ip_unit available for previous releases)

Ebot-Belgium gravatar image Ebot-Belgium  ( 2018-10-20 01:59:29 -0500 )edit

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer

 

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2018-04-06 10:46:56 -0500

Seen: 603 times

Last updated: Apr 06 '18