Simulation Fail from OS Results Measure

asked 2017-03-29 16:25:52 -0500

Tim Johnson gravatar image

updated 2017-08-05 07:34:43 -0500

My OpenStudio simulation is failing when trying to apply the "OpenStudio Results" measure. I am referring to the one that runs automatically with OS. If I apply the BCL measure of the same name, it runs, but will not show zone conditions. In place of the zone condition section it shows the text below. I seem to have more questions than answers on this forum, but any help would be appreciated.

Zone Conditions section failed and was skipped because: Optional not initialized. Detail on error follows.

["C:/Users/timj/AppData/Local/Temp/OpenStudio.y15028/resources/run/6-UserScript-0/mergedjob-0/user_script.rb:158:in eval'\nC:/Users/timj/AppData/Local/Temp/OpenStudio.y15028/resources/run/6-UserScript-0/mergedjob-0/resources/os_lib_reporting.rb:2716:inblock in zone_condition_section'\nC:/Users/timj/AppData/Local/Temp/OpenStudio.y15028/resources/run/6-UserScript-0/mergedjob-0/resources/os_lib_reporting.rb:2684:in each'\nC:/Users/timj/AppData/Local/Temp/OpenStudio.y15028/resources/run/6-UserScript-0/mergedjob-0/resources/os_lib_reporting.rb:2684:inzone_condition_section'\n(eval):1:in block in run'\nC:/Users/timj/AppData/Local/Temp/OpenStudio.y15028/resources/run/6-UserScript-0/mergedjob-0/user_script.rb:158:ineval'\nC:/Users/timj/AppData/Local/Temp/OpenStudio.y15028/resources/run/6-UserScript-0/mergedjob-0/user_script.rb:158:in block in run'\nC:/Users/timj/AppData/Local/Temp/OpenStudio.y15028/resources/run/6-UserScript-0/mergedjob-0/user_script.rb:153:ineach'\nC:/Users/timj/AppData/Local/Temp/OpenStudio.y15028/resources/run/6-UserScript-0/mergedjob-0/user_script.rb:153:in run'\nmergedjob-0/in.rb:396:in '"]

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

Comments

Which version of OpenStudio are you using?

aparker gravatar image aparker  ( 2017-03-30 18:28:50 -0500 )edit

I am using 1.14. I ended up starting over from a previous version of my model and re-doing a lot of the same things, but somehow the new version works. It would be good to know what I did to cause this, but for the short term, things are working again. The error happened after geometries were complete. After I applied space types and schedules to all my spaces, renamed them, fixed convexity errors and bad surface errors, added Tstats, and applied the radiant with DOAS HVAC script. I worked backwards to see if I could isolate the problem to no avail.

Tim Johnson gravatar image Tim Johnson  ( 2017-03-31 09:25:45 -0500 )edit

If you have the OSM that caused this issue and wouldn't mind sending it to us we can take a look and see what was happening.

aparker gravatar image aparker  ( 2017-03-31 10:18:20 -0500 )edit